What does expertise entail?
For each of your jewels our expert will provide you with a detailed description which will include:
- The designation of the jewel (Ex: necklace, bracelet, …)
- A detailed description that will indicate the shape of the jewel, its weight, the number of stones, the size, …
- The state of conservation of the piece and its origin
- The origin and metal hallmark, the jeweler’s hallmark, the hallmark of the jeweler having executed the jewel (Ex: eagle head hallmark for 18k french gold, an owl for imported jewels, …)
- The authenticity of the piece (Ex: Napoleon III period jewel or Napoleon III imitation of the 1950s)
- A photo of the jewel
- Special attention will be paid to fine stones. The expert will note the dimensions and can thus calculate the theoretical weight if the stone is mounted.
- For diamonds, the 4Cs will be indicated: the carat, the size (brilliant, pear etc.), the purity and the color. In the case of a diamond mounted on a ring, the dimensions will be noted. Our expert can then calculate the estimated weight of the stone.
In some cases, (fine pearls and color stone treatment research) additional gemological examination may be required.
With this description, a replacement value will be assigned to each of your valuable assets while specifying the methodology used to do this work.
The expertise is done in front of you, in real time. The jewels do not leave your sight.